Earlier this year, as news broke about the arrival of vaccines for COVID-19, the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio was flooded with phone calls from citizens with questions about the shots, asking how, when, and where people might be able to get immunized. Combined with the steady flow of non-Covid-19 related inquiries, this volume of incoming communication was too much for medical professionals to handle.
Fortunately, help was just one outgoing phone call away. For several years, UT Health had been working with TAS United, a call center answering service based in San Antonio, to handle calls that came in after hours. Now the medical center turned to TAS United to set up the UT Health COVID-19 hotline, staffed with agents who could answer the public’s questions about the pandemic and give out information regarding eligibility to receive the vaccine. Eventually, the hotline grew to 15 dedicated TAS United call center agents who could schedule vaccination appointments and even call a list of UT Health San Antonio patients to remind them to get their shots.
The hotline relieved UT Health staff of the burden of answering up to 100 phone calls per hour so they could focus on their work, tending to the health and wellbeing of the people of San Antonio. For TAS United, it was an opportunity to not only help an important, longstanding client, but also provide a solution for the community.
“We see this is a vital service to the community. Over the past 15 years, it has been our pleasure to partner with UT Health San Antonio, providing medical call processing for their organization. When they contacted us requesting immediate help to assist with setting Covid-19 vaccination appointments for the citizens of San Antonio, we quickly jumped into action.”
– TAS United president, Kevin Ryan
For more than 35 years, TAS United has been an integral part of San Antonio—and has helped businesses all over the country stay connected to their customers. TAS United understands that, especially in today’s fast-paced business world, a missed call is a missed opportunity. And whether the client is a large corporation streamlining operations, a small start-up looking to expand, or a healthcare provider trying to navigate a pandemic, TAS United offers a wide range of services to make sure someone is there to answer the phone and help address the customers’ needs. These services include:
- After-hours Answering: Support from live agents after hours and on weekends and holidays.
- 24/7 Answering Service: Live phone, message, and chat support 24 hours a day.
- Message Taking & Delivery: Secure, real-time message delivery via email and/or text.
- Appointment Scheduling: Easy appointment setting, rescheduling, and cancellation for customers.
- Web Chat: Real-time chat support between customers and live agents through the business’s website.
- Order Processing: Live agents to answer product questions and place orders.
- Virtual Receptionist: Professional answering at a fraction of the cost of an in-house employee.
- Help Desk: Tier-one level technical support to help customers troubleshoot common problems.
- Bilingual Answering: Agents who can answer calls in both English and Spanish.
- Medical Answering: HIPPAA-compliant call processing for doctors, hospitals, home health, dentists, and medical offices.
- Product Recall: Immediate communication with customers during a recall situation.
- Disaster Backup & Recovery: Prevention of communication disruptions in the event of a disaster.
In addition, TAS United is unique in that, no matter what services are provided, each account has its own dedicated client relationship manager. This TAS United representative is on speed dial from the first welcome call all the way through implementation and beyond to address each and every client need. It’s just one more personal touch from TAS United in an industry that has been largely relegated to offshoring and automation.
For example, when COVID-19 questions began to swamp folks at UT Health San Antonio, the hospital worked with its TAS United client relationship manager to get the COVID hotline up and running and staffed by call center agents, supervisors, a trainer, an operations manager, two programmers, and a technician. Even TAS United’s president, Kevin Ryan, got heavily involved with the implementation of this account because the company understands how important it is to the community that has supported it for more than three decades.
But you don’t have to be a hospital to get personalized call support. TAS United handles calls for all sorts of commercial businesses, from HVAC to plumbing to hospitality to law firms to funeral homes. If you think your business could benefit from one of TAS United’s services, get a free quote for your own customized pricing plan at www.tasunited.com or call 1-800-310-8269.
This article was published by and © StoryStudio 04/08/2021